Finally built up the courage to try out different patterns to transform baggy shirts into fitted shirts. I used two patterns that I copied from shirts that fit me well, my purple boat neck shirt with unfinished seems and my red cap sleeve t-shirt with an orange rainbow print. This resulted in 4 upcycled shirts, of which I took some poorly focused photos for you to enjoy.
It’s a bit weird, and you move the print up a bit, but you can transform a longsleeved T (Kaleidoscoopdag) into a boat neck shirt. Because the fabric is a bit stiffer then the original shirt, the boat neck looks more like a portrait collar. Also, the print used to be on the back, *grin*. Not unhappy with this test result.
Jaap’s baggy shirt (cat-eyed girl) could easily be converted into a cap sleeve shirt. I changed the neck a bit after I took this photo, to keep it from sagging. I love this print!
My own semi-baggy shirt from the Moth was too small at the arm scythe. So that one took some guesstimating and fiddling, but I got it to behave in the end. It was quite a bit of work though, so next time I buy a shirt that I’ll redo in my own size, I should definitely get the XXL size. Much more fabric to work with!
The downsizing of Jaap’s running shirt was also a bit freeform, both to maintain the print on the back and because I’ll only wear this when I’m sweaty anyway. I reused the cut away parts from the sides into back-pockets to make it a proper cycling shirt. It has a distinct home-made look, but I’m looking forward to use it.